Effective August 9, 2019
This Infringement Policy (or, just “policy”) describes how Vertical Finance, Inc. (“Vertical Finance,” “we” and other first person pronouns) responds to claims of copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). For trademark infringement claims, this policy provides for a similar process.
To notify us of copyright infringement on our website or any other Vertical Finance service, please send a written notice by email or physical mail that includes all of the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe is being infringed.
- Identification of the work you believe is infringing, with information that is reasonably sufficient for Vertical Finance to locate it.
- Your name, address, phone number and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the work in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in your notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
We will handle notices that meet these requirements in accordance with the DMCA. If we have taken down content that you believe should not have been removed, you can send us a written counter-notice by email or physical mail. Please make sure your counter-notice meets the requirements under the DMCA. For more information about the DMCA, see copyright.gov.
To notify us of trademark infringement, please send a written notice including the following information: (a) the specific trademark you claim is being infringed, (b) detailed information about the trademark you claim is infringing your trademark and where to locate the infringing trademark on our site or service, (c) your name, address and email address, (d) statements that are the equivalent to #4 and #5 above but as to the trademark instead of a copyright, (e) a physical or electronic signature meeting the requirements of #6 above, and (f) the serial or registration number of your trademark if it has been registered.
How We Respond
We will respond to all infringement notices that meet the requirements described above and comply with any applicable laws. We reserve the right to remove any content without prior notice and at our sole discretion. Vertical Finance may suspend or terminate access to our service by repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Changes to Our Infringement Policy
If this policy changes, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
Please send copyright and trademark notices to:
Vertical Finance, Inc.
556 S. Fair Oaks Ave. Suite 508
Pasadena, CA 91105