Effective August 9, 2019
Information We Collect
We collect the information you send to us or submit through the Services (e.g., when you give us your email address, respond to a survey or post on our website).
We can also collect personal information about you from third parties as permitted by law and combine it with any information collected from you.
We use personal information for various purposes, such as:
- To provide and communicate with you about our Services, including sending surveys, updates and feedback requests;
- To contact you, including to respond to your inquiries;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, payment processing, and other operations;
- To maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Services;
- To communicate with you about products and services that may interest you;
- To comply with law enforcement and maintain the security of our Services; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
- With third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide customer service, marketing, banking and credit card services;
- As part of an actual or potential sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process, in response to a law enforcement request, as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government authority programs, or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without restriction.
Some parts of the Services allow you to participate in public forums or interact with other users. When you participate in these features, the information that you provide will be available to other Members and Associates and/or the general public.
Third Party Properties
The Services may link to third party websites or apps, including social media. We do not control the privacy practices of those third parties and they are not covered by this policy. You should review their privacy policies to learn about their data practices.
We may partner with third party ad providers that serve ads on behalf of us and others on or via non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are designed to be relevant to you based on information the ad providers collect about your use of the Services and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You can visit https://www.aboutads.info/ to learn more about interest-based advertising and your ability to opt out of this advertising. (Note that if you opt out then delete your cookies or use a different browser or computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.)
Some browsers or operating systems may also offer tools to limit data collection for interest-based advertising. Opting out will not stop you from seeing ads, but it may make the ads you see less relevant. Even if you opt out, ad providers may continue to collect data for other purposes, including analytics and other operational purposes.
Vertical Finance uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Services and for analytics, advertising, and marketing purposes. These services gather website usage information, which may be combined with other data we collect about a user’s visit to our site. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Services, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
The Services is intended for use only by persons who are at least 21 years of age. We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 21 years of age.
Where Your Information Will Be Used
We are based in the United States and our Services are currently only intended for U.S. users. You understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States, which may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist elsewhere.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
If you have questions about our privacy practices, please contact us here:
Vertical Finance, Inc.
556 S. Fair Oaks Ave. Suite 508
Pasadena, CA 91105